Tuesday 4 March 2014

What's In My Changing Bag?

Jen over at Chic Geek Diary has inspired me to do my own "What's In My Changing Bag?" post. You can find her here if you want a peek at her changing bag post. I've actually enjoyed looking at a few of these posts since reading Jen's. Everyone seems to have the same "staples" but then the items get vastly different. :-)



The bag itself is a Caboodle changing bag & I love it! Its really roomy, therefore I don't need to try and squash everything in.


Nappies & Wipes
I use Asda Little Angels & either Morrison's Sensitive wipes or Asda Little Angels Sensitive wipes. O would have quite sensitive skin & it took us a while to find a few options that work.


A Mini Changing Mat
Just for unexpected nappy changes in the car or at the library....places were there aren't changing facilities.


Bibs
I used to pack five or six but now that he is older (11 months) I just need to pack two - one for when he's eating & one in case he's teething & particularly drooly.


Water
I always pack a fresh sippy cup of water and bring another bottle of fresh water just in case he's particularly thirsty.


Pre Walkers
He has a pair for around the house & a pair for his baby bag. He prefers to be bare footed & pulls socks off at every available opportunity but he's also cruising furniture & taking a few steps. The leather/suede pre walkers stop him slipping on tiled/wooden floors & keep his feet safe at the park.


Books & Toys
He loves his "That's Not My...." books at the moment so I always pack one or two of them & a few toys for the car/restaurants.


Camera
I always have a spare camera in my bag in case my iPhone dies. Although, for a few months now I have been conscientiously trying to take a few pictures to capture the memory & then I try to live in the moment. I was at the beach towards the end of the summer and remember thinking to myself "I've spent almost an hour basically looking at my son through the lens of camera, I should be on the other side". It made me feel quite sad. Looking back on photos will be very nice but I want to enjoy the moments with my son. I want us both to have memories of being together, not memories of me pointing the camera.


Spare Change of Clothes
For any & all eventualities! :-)


Dummy Wipes
O doesn't suck a dummy but I've always been of the mind-set that if they're safe & gentle enough for a dummy then they're safe enough to use on O's hands before meals & to wipe down restaurant/café highchairs.


Teething Teddy Ring
I always have a few of these ready & chilling in the fridge. My son just cut his second tooth at the weekend & there's nothing that gives him more satisfaction than chewing one of the rings.


A Piece OF Fruit
Just in case the baby is peckish after Rhythm & Rhyme/Soft Play or getting hungry before his food is served when we're out for lunch/dinner.


Medicine Box (Sort Of)
This is more of an accumulation of things that I've popped in the bag & never taken out. Though, they've all been used at some point!
Nappy Creams: Sudocrem, Metanium & Antipeol. O never had nappy rash until his first tooth started cutting. Sudocrem didn't work, Metanium didn't work & finally Antipeol cracked it! Calpol, Snuffle Babe, Thermometer, Nelson's Teetha Granules, Medicine Spoon & Calgel.















1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of the medicine box, I need one for my changing bag x

    ReplyDelete