Monday 3 March 2014

Empties #1

I've read quite a few of these "Empties" blog posts. I'll admit it, I'm addicted to reading them. Its a novel way to see what products people are using and what they rate/don't rate. I have decided that I'll post a few of my own and see if I enjoy writing them as much as I enjoy reading them. :-) Plus, it will force me to finish products instead of throwing them aside after another shopping spree!
For the first post I have four products:





No7 Intelligent Colour Foundation (Light)
£15.50 in Boots
I am constantly picking up and trying different foundations. I'm naturally quite pale so a lot of foundations can instantly make me look very caked or too dark. For a period of time I went through a love affair with this foundation. Its the perfect shade for me. I love how easily it goes on and how it requires very little blending. As a childminder and mum the less time I have to spend putting my face on, the better! :-) It also has SPF 6 which is a wee added bonus. The only thing I don't like about it and wearing it today reminded me of this, I end up with shiny patches after a few hours of wearing it. It doesn't matter if I wear it with or without primer, the shiny patches still appear.






Batiste Dry Shampoo
£2.99 in Superdrug
I've heard about this for years but I washed my hair daily so never needed it. When I went into hospital last year to have my boy I had no idea how long I would be in there so I popped a mini bottle of this into my hospital bag. The smell of this is amazing! I love all things coconut scented and this is no different. Even on my dark hair it doesn't make it look "powdery". You just need to make you brush/rub it in well.






Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil Free Moisturiser
Normally £4.99 in Superdrug
This stuff unfortunately doesn't work particularly well for my combination skin. Why did I keep using it? It smells AMAZING! Its the nicest moisturiser I've ever smelled. I won't be buying it again though.






Avon Advance Techniques Moroccan Argan Oil Hot Oil Treatments
Normally £5.50 on the Avon site
I was initially given these because I had used a colour remover which didn't remove the colour! What it did do was destroy the condition of my hair. :-( I have since purchased a second box myself. My hair always feels better after a treatment. Unfortunately my hair is so thick that I have to use two tubes, meaning that a box of four doesn't go very far. I'm sure there are other hot oil treatments out there that are just as good but this is the one I've had the experience of using.






Have any of you used the above products?
What did you think of them?



Much love. xx


Lisa




@latte_fiend on Twitter.





No comments:

Post a Comment