Tuesday 25 March 2014

I thought I had it sussed....

As the title says, I thought I had it sussed. Instead of returning to work after maternity leave I decided I would become self employed (childminder), work from home, be with my baby and live happily ever after. 


All of these plans are still achievable, still in the pipeline and I'm still going ahead with them because it's the best situation available to us.
 
The problem is that I don't really want to go ahead with them. I've realised that I want to "just" be a mum, raise my boy and enjoy these precious years that go by all too quickly. 

"Get over yourself" I hear you shout. I'm not whining (honest!), I'm just being very honest about how I feel. I'm a single mum and so I'll do what I have to do in order to provide for my baby. I just wish there were different options available for those mums that would like to be SAHM until their kids go to school. 

I enjoy working with kids, I really do. I've done it for almost 15 years. It's just that I've enjoyed this wee "baby and me" bubble that I've lived in over the last 12 months and I'm reluctant to give it all up. 


I try to put a positive spin on it. I'll have more money for me and my wee boy. I'll be able to save money towards his future, whether its his education, travelling, a house, who knows! I'm just venting really and lusting after a particular way of life.


Have any of you struggled with decisions about returning to work?
Does it get easier once you get into the swing of things?




Image and video hosting by TinyPic




No comments:

Post a Comment