Wednesday 26 March 2014

Baby Boy's Books Of The Months (Mar14)

With all the awful weather we had in March we had plenty of opportunities for story time. These were O's favourite books in March. All his favourites are still pretty simple because he's only just turned one. I do read him lots of other more detailed stories (I'm a big Julia Donaldson fan) but I consider his favourites the books that he takes off the shelf to read together or the books that I find him reading if I've popped into the kitchen to start lunch or dinner.






Farmyard Rhymes - Clare Beaton
Its a simple wee book but the illustrations are just so pretty. Everything looks like its been embroidered and its a delight to read through.




Who's That Eating? - Kingfisher
O loves any and all animals at the moment. While he wasn't so interested in the informative details in the book he was completely taken with the photographs printed in it.




Run, Mouse, Run! - Petr Horácek
A great book for the early concepts that children get to grips with - up, down, in, out, over and so on.
 


Strawberries Are Red - Petr Horácek
A simple book about colours but I found my boy on several occasions with his nose stuck in it so it must be doing something right!




Who's That Playing? - Kingfisher
A wee book about how animals play. More animal photographs for him!




That's Not My Lamb - Usborne
That's Not My Polar Bear - Usborne
I'd be doing O a disservice if I didn't have a few of these books lying around. He still loves them!




Don't Lose Pigley, Wibbly Pig! - Mick Inkpen
I didn't find the story anything special to read but my boy was hooked. I'm assuming its because he may have caught Wibbly Pig on TV before and recognises the character?




Busy Zoo - Ladybird
I knew that I was taking my wee man to the zoo the day after his birthday as our own wee personal celebration so I had been reading this book to him in preparation. He spent the journey to the zoo flicking through it and shouting "Rawr" every time he seen a tiger/lion.




What books have your little ones been immersed in recently?







Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment