Wednesday 26 March 2014

Collection Work The Colour Shadow Pencils

I seen these in Superdrug last month and decided to pick up a few. I'm not normally a fan of eyeshadow pencils but I liked the shades of these and at £3.19 it wasn't a big loss if I didn't like them.


There are 6 in the collection: Gunmetal Glitz, Vanilla Sky, Midnight Glam, Denim Diva, Hot Chocolate and Vintage Blush. I bought Vintage Blush and Midnight Glam.


Collection describes them as:
- Velvety soft, blendable eyeshadow.
- Waterproof formulation for long lasting colour. 
- Glides on effortlessly to create versatile eye looks in an instant.
- Available in 6 stunning shades.
- Sharpen to access the  colour just like a kohl eyeliner pencil.







Both pencils have a pretty shimmer to them. Vintage Blush looks like a pale pink to me on the pencil but when I applied it on my eyelid it looks more like a peach colour. Midnight Glam appears to have tiny wee specks of glitter.

I really love the Vintage Blush shade and I imagine it will look very pretty on top of some sun kissed skin. I've started wearing the Midnight Glam as a chubby eyeliner. I found that for me it was just too dark and not very blendable with other eyeshadows.

This range are waterproof and you definitely need a good eye makeup remover to shift them at the end of the day. I love this though because I've bought cheaper brands before that claimed they were waterproof and a walk in the rain shifted them. Not a good look!

I've enjoyed experimenting with them but I don't think I'll be picking up the rest of the collection. Its not a problem with the actual product, its just that I struggle to get the desired look using them. I'm much more of a powder girl.

Have any of you tried Work The Colour Eyeshadow pencils?
What did you think?





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment