Wednesday 7 May 2014

Empties #2

This is my second Empties post. I keep forgetting and throwing things out! :-)





Palmer's Cocoa Body Scrub
Price: £4.99 in Superdrug
I love this stuff. Its a great wee exfoliator and smells gorgeous. Its tough enough to do the job without being harsh on my skin.


Andrew Barton - The Straight Answer Hot Iron Protection Spray
Price: Its £3.90 in Asda for the full size, though I have been using the travel size bottle.
I'm in two minds about this product. I loved the smell. It did give me very sleek, shiny hair. According to the instructions you can use it on wet or dry hair. I've always been told not to put a hot iron on wet hair so it felt very wrong doing it. That said, the result was great!


Herbal Essences - Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner
Price: £1.87 each in Superdrug
You might have realised by now that I'm very much drawn to products based on their fragrance. This smelled fantastic with its coconut and orchid scents. My hair was easy to brush out afterwards which is sometimes a problem with other shampoos and conditioners but I won't be buying it again. Its such a small thing but I hate the bottles. I got about halfway down each bottle and had to shake and squeeze the life out of it to get any product. A faff! Someone tell me they feel the same!


Original Source - Orange and Cinnamon Shower Gel
Price: It was about £2 at Christmas but its one of their seasonal range so almost impossible to pick up now.
I bought a few bottles of this in December. I love that it smells exactly like Christmas. I've also been told by friends that it reminds them of Lush which can only ever be taken as a compliment.


Lush Lip Scrub - Mint Julips
Price: £5.50 in Lush
I wrote about the Lush lip scrubs in a previous post. Yes, I know that I could make up a lip scrub at home but would it smell and taste (I try not to eat it!) as good as this one does. I doubt it! :-) I use it every second night and my lips are always soft and smooth.


Sanctuary Sleep-In-A-Box kit
The set contains:
Comforting night butter
Smoothing silk polish 
Restoring body oil
Soothing bath float (missing from the photo because my mum pinched it)
Price: £12.50 in Boots
I was given this as a gift. I tend to not like Sanctuary products. There's nothing wrong with them as such, I'm just not a huge fan of how they smell. This scent smells lovely though with its Patchouli, Frankincense and my favourite...Ylang Ylang. I'll definitely be looking out for it again when I'm next in Boots.


Advance Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil Leave in Treatment
Price: £3.85 on the Avon website
I'm trying to be kinder to my hair at the moment. Just as with my skin, I haven't looked after it as well as I used to since having my wee boy but I am trying to take care of it now. I normally apply it to my hair after washing it just to nourish and protect it. Its also good to use as a means to control those wee fly away hairs after styling.


Have you tried any of these?
What did you think?


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. I use the Avon oil and really like it, the only problem is that I keep forgetting to apply it. I also have a bottle of the Andrew Barton spray from a gift set but I've not tried it yet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love all of the Lush 'Lip Scrubs', and I agree with you! I feel like if I tried to make my own one it wouldn't be as good. :) xx

    rimmelsmudge.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete