Monday 17 February 2014

A date - to go or not?

So, anyone that has read through my posts will know that I have been single for quite a while now. I've basically been single since I was 2 months pregnant. My son is now almost one! In that time so much has changed. I've changed so much!


Just recently I was asked out on a "date". In the same instance I was excited, flattered and absolutely petrified! Part of me wants to go, he's a nice guy. The other part of me wants to run and hide somewhere. Here's what has been rushing around in my head; Can I leave my baby? Will I just end up counting down the seconds wanting to rush home to him? Will I know how to hold a conversation that doesn't revolve around babies? What will I wear? How should I do my hair/makeup? All that and so much more!


This morning I woke up and decided that I would go ahead with it, if only to push myself. By this evening I was definitely not going and convinced myself that I was rushing myself.


So, have any of you been in this position? How did you handle it? Any advice or suggestions would be all gratefully received. :-)


Much love. xx


@latte_fiend on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment