Friday 4 July 2014

That thing called love....

Today has been one of those days...
Wee man is cutting a back molar (I think) and goes from inconsolable to ticked off in the blink of an eye!
He's also at that stage where he's into everything, so on quite a few occasions today I've had to move him from something, tell him why I don't want him doing A, B or C ("please don't put your wee finger in the plug, you might hurt yourself") and then redirect his attention so it doesn't become his main focus. 
I put him down for his nap about half an hour ago and was rubbing his head as I do before he drifts off.
I just felt emotional out of nowhere and immediately thought "I hope he feels loved".
I don't know where it came from or why. I don't know why it hit me so strongly and with such force either.
This wee boy gets told a million times a day that I love him. I'm very affectionate and tactile with him. We spend as much time together as possible and I try to make every minute count, so when I'm having my saner moments (like now) I have no doubt that he feels loved. 
Though it does show you how one trying day (we all get them, right?) can attack your vulnerable side and make you doubt yourself. 

Have you ever had a moment like that? 

1 comment:

  1. All the time Lisa, I feel for you! Especially when I'm tired & they're not being really bold but doing something they shouldn't & I have to scold them. The only advice I can give is keep doing what you are doing, telling him all the time that you love him. I've had mornings where I feel so guilty going to work but take a few minutes, at the end of every day, to just look at him, look at how he looks at you & you'll know what I mean. X

    ReplyDelete