Saturday 26 July 2014

Empties No.3

If you stopped by my blog recently you probably noticed that the blog posts have dried up somewhat. I don't know when it happened, or why, but I seemed to lose my blogging mojo for want of a better word.
I miss blogging though and thought a wee empties post would be an easy way to dip my toe back in the water. :-)


Nivea Extra Gentle Eye Make Up Remover
I've tried a lot of make up removers over the years and quite a few of them have made my eyes sting or become puffy. This is my go-to eye makeup remover. Its gentle, removers even the most stubborn mascara and doesn't leave my eye area looking red or puffy. At £3.35 in Superdrug it gets a massive thumbs up from me!

Lush's Dark Angels Fresh Facial Cleanser (£6.40 for 100g)
I have a love/hate relationship with this cleanser. My skin approves of it, I like that it cleanses and exfoliates at the same time but lord, its a messy one. Its stained a few of my face clothes and I normally have to give the sink a good rinse after I've used it. For this reason I have banned myself from using it anywhere other than when I'm in the shower. :-)

Blistex Med Plus For Lips (£2.30 in Boots)
Everyone has their favourite "take care" lip product. This is mine. Part of my bedtime routine is to use a lip scrub and then slather this on before jumping into bed. I wake up with soft lips and its great in the winter for repairing your lips if they've become a bit weather beaten in the cold air.

Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Serum (currently £19.99 in Superdrug)
I liked this product. I loved the smell. I loved how it sat on my skin. It definitely firmed up the eye area but I absolutely detested the bottle. It is pump action (which is fine in itself!) but you can't see into the bottle. A few times I thought it was empty only to try it days later and find there were a few applications left.

L'Oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Water
I used all of this so it obviously wasn't terrible but I don't know what it did for my skin either. My face never felt particularly clean after it so I ended up using it as a makeup remover for the most part and it did the job well. I know others that have loved this product though, so I think its just a me thing.

Have you tried any of these products?
What did you think?


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment