Thursday 19 June 2014

Natural beauty with MyPure

I've decided that its time to start using eye cream. It probably should have happened long ago but I'm late to everything! :-)
I decided to get the Laid Bare Pack Your Bags Tighten And Lighten eye cream (how cute is that name?) from MyPure. I also decided to get the EcoTools Bamboo 5 Piece Fresh and Flawless Complexion Set


You need so little of the eye cream that I envisage it lasting a long time. At only £7.99 that's got to be value for money, right?
 I keep reading about how delicate the eye area is and how thin the skin is there so I was glad to find that this particular eye cream feels very light when its applied.
I'm mum to a very gorgeous wee boy but he's also a wee boy that has a penchant for 5am wake up calls! Because of this I find that I have dark circles under my eyes more often than not. I've been using the product for a week now and the dark circles have definitely faded somewhat. I can't say that the "tightening" has taken place though, maybe after using it for a few more weeks?
Laid Bare tell you to apply the cream and pat it in gently, it takes quite a bit of patting to be honest. Not such a big deal though when you're getting the results you want.
Onto the makeup brushes now. I tend to be quite religious about cleaning my makeup brushes weekly. A few of my brushes leave my face feeling quite itchy, kabuki brushes in particular! I seen that the bamboo EcoTools brushes were listed as "beautifully soft" so this sounded ideal.
The 5 piece set contains a flat concealer brush, buffing concealer brush, precision foundation brush, complexion blending brush and a full powder brush.
 

When you open the cute box there is a description on the left about what each brush does which I think is great for those that are unsure.
 

I've been using the brushes every morning since I received them and they genuinely are so soft, it feels really nice using them to apply my make up and no itchiness! :-) The brushes are smaller than usual but because of this they fit perfectly into my makeup bag for touch ups when out and about.
And for you cruelty free shoppers out there (I'm thinking of you Dani!), the bristles are cruelty free. The set is £11.99 too which I think is a pretty great price! I know I've spent more on makeup brushes in the past that were of a poorer quality.

Have any of you used either of these products?
How did you find they worked for you?


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment